My Japanese Blog

Saturday, November 18, 2006

I just made two sweet potato pies. I have to resist not eating all of the leftovers. I've been sharing with my suite mates, but they didn't eat it all Aughhh. The torture. I've been studying Japanese this weekend. Yay! Kinou no ban tomodachi to yonin Chinatown e ikimashita. Totemo omoshirokaata desu. Soshite (Sorekara? After that)Mr. Bean o mimashita.
Hm. I hate writing in romaji in Japanese. It's so icky and difficult to connect what I'm reading to what it actually means because I'm used to seeing it in hiragana or katakana. Speaking of which, I really need to review katakana. It just keeps coming up. It's not going to go away. Not that I want it to. O kanji. You scare me. The kids that speak Chinese assert that the kanji are totally different from the ones that they already know. That they are classic or whatever. But they seem to know it very well. Hm. I should know it very well. I am going to get a B- in this class. I am going to do it. Because I can. I can do better on the tests, study harder. I think the cd is important. 基能のばんかのじょにはなおあげました。Kinou for some reason changes to this kanji that I haven't learned. I guess I'm still sketchy with typing in ye olde Japanese. Ah. Technology. How you scare me. I wonder if downloading exercises onto my ipod would be helpful? Andrea is obsessed with the Nintendo Wii. It's coming out tomorrow. She's so excited about it. I spent the entire day cooking for the Thanksgiving feast and then eating the Thanksgiving feast and then napping the fullness off. A truly American holiday it is.
It's sad that vocabulary isn't in some alphabetical order in the glossary. It's so time consuming to look a word up that I don't know. I guess it discourages forgetting words. I'm going to work on my comprehension, study clue words (度して、どれ、どう、どちら、どんな)。Hm. How do I keep it from changing words to kanji? I clicked on hiragana... anyway... yeah. I'm excited about continuing to study next year. And IF for some reason I don't do well on the exam (this won't happen because I will work harder... I will have my AH HA! moment soon) then... I'll study over winter break. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ブラックバーンさん、おはようございます。どうしてSuite matesはパイをたべませんでしたか。わたしはブラックバーンさんのパイがたべたいです!

    BTW, the vocabulary is listed in the あいうえお order in the main textbook. It tells you in which lesson a word is introduced. Once you know the lesson #, you can use the yellow grammar book to look up the word.

    にほんごのべんきょう、がんばってください!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home